25 Reasons to Be Thankful Now
I wrote the post “25 Reasons to be Thankful for Time” exactly five years ago. I had just begun writing Adventures of Empty Nesters, and so many things were so different in my life. Who knew? One thing that hasn’t changed, I am still so grateful for time! However, we all have a lot more time than we ever did before.
If I look at being Thankful right in the face, I am still so grateful for many things on that list, but my perspective has evolved and matured. Buying things certainly still doesn’t matter; I just need time to spend with the ones I love. I will add one more thought to that last sentence. I need time (and the ability) to spend time with the ones I love. Because of the fear of COVID, my mother waited three months before she took the risk to visit her great-grandchildren. Heartbreaking!
I emphasize family a great deal, but we are currently living in our COVID bubbles, which may not include dear friends. I miss hugging, handshakes and squeezes. I miss sitting at small tables with large coffees and iced teas after a long walk with my friends. I miss our old life before we had to worry about the proximity to people. Ugh, I hate this. Ok, enough with the pity party; let’s head over to the positive. It’s Thanksgiving!
new current list of 25 reasons to be thankful – In no particular order
I am Thankful for…
- Friends who reach out through texts, cards, & phone calls “just checkin’ in”
- Patience to deal with the quarantine
- Walking along Lake Washingon
- The sound of seaplanes flying over the lake
- The sound of jet skis on the lake on a summer morning
- Friends who come to visit our new house in the PNW
- A friend to call when I am lonely and feel far away
- A creative manager who is always there for me
- Stacks of books ready for me to read
- A patient and caring husband
- Thoughtful grown children
- My morning latte
- New grandchildren that make my heart burst
- Cuddling two babies
- Watching my daughter navigate life as a mother of twins
- Watching my mother meet the twins for the first time
- The kindness of strangers
- Brothers who check in on me
- Rain on the roof
- Rocco laying on my feet as I type
- For the joy I feel watching newlyweds Nick and Kylie
- The ability to forge on when I cannot travel
- Patience, did I mention patience?
- Learning to pivot when my business needs to
- Learning new things and growing from challenges
Can you add to this list?
I have one more – I am thankful for you, for reading this, leaving comments and words of support! I appreciate you!
Pin for Later